Sutton Creek Golf Club is currently seeking individuals with positivie attitudes, enthusiasm and sound judgement that ensure our members and guests receive exceptional customer service at a “Best of Class” facility.
If you are an organized, goal-oriented and dedicated person, please contact us to apply for a position today!
Golf Course Superintendent
Application Close: June 1, 2021
Start Date: Immediate
Sutton Creek is located just minutes south of Windsor in Essex County, nestled in the county plains, surrounded by natural forest and wildlife. There could be no better place than Sutton Creek to play the game you love… especially when the game is being played on a 6700 yard, 140 acre magnificently manicured golf facility.
The course has been under new ownership since 2011, and is in excellent condition, has a challenging playability and suited for players of all ability. In the history of Sutton Creek, we have played host to the CN Future Links Championship in 2010, Ontario Men’s Amateur Championships in 2007 and 2001 and Ontario Senior Men’s Amateur Championship in 2005. We hope to continue to host high profile events as well.
Job Description / Duties
- Manage, maintain, and improve the golf course and grounds.
- Creating and budgeting annually for all aspects of Golf Course Maintenance
- Working with Owner/CEO/GM budget approvals and co-ordination of activities and events
- Planning, application, and record keeping of all agronomic activities.
- Lead, hire, train, schedule, supervise and inspire staff to work safely and logically.
- Ensure proper operation of irrigation system and repair, as necessary.
- Application of pesticides & fertilizers as scheduled and/or required. IPM scouting and record keeping.
- Completing on going course construction and improvements – including planned
- General hands-on maintenance of the property.
- Club secretary available to assist in administrative duties.
Qualifications / Required Skills
- Graduate of a recognized turf program with a minimum three years of experience in a golf course supervisory role (Superintendent or 1st Assistant)
- Valid Driver’s Licence
- Valid Ontario Pesticide Licence, or willing to obtain
- Chainsaw operator is an asset
- IPM Agent certified, or willing to obtain
- Experience and understanding of irrigation concepts, maintenance, and repair,
- Experience with nutrient and chemical programs, applications, and documentation,
- Familiarity with Rainbird and Status Pro would be an asset,
- Ability to quickly detect the dynamics of change applicable to golf course turf,
- Possess a good understanding of the game of golf.
- Salary: minimum of $80,000 annually; commensurate with experience
- 8-10 weeks off in winter (Christmas to March)
- Multi-year contract available
- Signing Bonus/Moving Allowance: $5000 starting within 1 month of acceptance of offer
- Health & Dental Benefits; full includes family
- Professional Association Dues (GCSA, OGSA, IPM Agent Fee, Pesticide Licences)
- Golf Privileges; you and family
- Education Allowance $2500
- Clothing Allowance $500
- Staff Meal Plan & Discounts
- Vehicle Allowance, club vehicle use or best option.
Sutton Creek Golf Club is looking for the right candidate to become a part of our team and who loves the game of golf, loves working outdoors and has great pride in the aesthetics of the golf course. We look forward to welcoming you to our family!
Thank you for your interest,
Please send cover letter and resume to
Golf Course Maintenance Labourer
Sutton Creek Golf Club consists of 18 holes of golf on a 140 acre property. We are looking to hire both full time and part-time seasonal golf course maintenance staff to join our team until the end of the season.
- General course maintenance duties including but not limited to the operations of mowers, utility vehicles and related equipment in grooming of course playing surfaces
- Raking and maintenance of green surrounds, bunkers, and tees
- Operation of light equipment including leaf blowers, string trimmers, power-tools and mowers
- Other duties as assigned by the Golf Course Superintendent/ Assistant Superintendent
- Able to start early morning shifts as scheduled
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays if required
- Must able to complete assigned tasks and work unsupervised
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have a safe driving record
- The ability to work within a team environment is essential
- Knowledge and appreciation for the game of golf is an asset
- A positive attitude and strong communication skills are desirable
- Previous golf course or landscaping experience is beneficial but not necessary
Part-time hours: 20-30 per week
Full-time hours: 30-40 per week
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
Salary: $14.25-$16.00 per hour
Schedule: • Day shift • Monday to Friday • Weekends
Work remotely: N/A
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Please email your cover letter & resume to:
Sutton Creek Golf Club
Seasonal Part Time Mechanic
Sutton Creek Golf Club consists of 18 holes of golf on a 140 acre property. We are looking to hire a part-time seasonal golf course mechanic to join our team until the end of the season.
If you are an organized, goal-oriented, and dedicated person, please contact us to apply for a position today!
Duties Include: Under the direction of the Superintendent, be responsible for the duties outlined below:
- Maintenance and Repair of Equipment related to Golf Course Maintenance and other related equipment.
- Detailed Record keeping of repairs and maintenance procedures performed.
- Communicate needs or problems related to the maintenance / repair of equipment to the Superintendent
- Maintain a clean, organized work space and maintenance facility.
- Working in a safe and efficient manner with attention to detail.
- Assist in overseeing the safe and efficient operation of the equipment and educating the operators regarding preventative maintenance and proper cleaning of equipment
- Ability to work in all kinds of weather
- Prioritizes repair and maintenance requirements with the needs of the business and schedules work accordingly
- Maintains preventative maintenance programs within budget on all equipment and purchases repair parts and supplies
- Spot check equipment for performance on the site, makes emergency repairs to equipment on job sites.
- Performs equipment operations and maintenance tasks as needed.
- Oversees the shop area maintenance
- Regulates the employees use of equipment and tools.
- Manages tool inventory and maintenance ensuring assets are returned and secure
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to work flexible hours based on the needs of the business.
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects.
- Ability to work in a variety of weather conditions while repairing equipment in a safe manner.
- Ability to diagnose mechanical troubles and determine appropriate maintenance work.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Previous experience an asset.
Reports to: Superintendent, General Manager
Under the Direction of: Superintendent and GM
Job Types: Seasonal/ Part Time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Expected start date: Immediate
Job Types: Part-time
Salary: From $14.25 – $18 per hour, based on experience
- Free Golf
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
Please email your cover letter & resume to:
Sutton Creek Golf Club
Food & Beverage
Line Cook – Part Time, Full Time
Prep Cook – Part Time
Please submit resumes to:
Jeff Collingridge, Director of Golf
Retail Sales Associate – Full/Part Time
Outside Guest Services – Part time
Driving Range Attendant – High School Student
Tournament Services – High School Student
Please email resumes to:
Cory LaJeunesse, Head Golf Professional